Pdf imposition software
It often happens that we need to print multiple pages of smaller format on a device that allows you to print large formats. In this case, we need to impose (place) these pages on the resulting imposition sheet. Page imposition is a typical task for offset printers, which mostly use print sizes from A2 size above, but is usual in digital printing, where it is often printed on A3 or A3 +. As well a personal use need arises such as business cards printed on a sheet of A4. For this purpose we can either copy page manually in prepress application or use a tool that is designed for this purpose. For frequently repeated tasks is an application for printing multiple pages on a single sheet almost necessary because saving time, mistakes and make work easier.
Montax imposer – Acrobat plugin for pdf imposition
Tool for imposing, the imposition pages to one or more of the resulting sheet is Montax imposer. Montax Imposer is the plugin for Adobe Acrobat (from version 6 to XI, Windows), for its functionality thus requires installed Adobe Acrobat (not Acrobat Reader). It works with pdf files from which loads pages to be imposed on a sheet and also to pdf format export the resulting sheet. It is designed for Windows operating system. Try the free fully functional pdf imposition plugin Montax imposer Free. Certain restrictions only when exporting the resulting pdf, all other functions are identical to the full version of the program. On products page you can buy other software versions: Montax imposer Basic, Montax imposer Standard and Montax imposer Professional.
Actual version of plugin Montax imposer
Actual program version is 1.1.3. Some of the new features of this version:
- nonproportional fill in addition to proportional page scale
- improved automatic name creation of imposition and resulting pdf
- preflight before export
- enhanced automatic booklet imposition
- warning on wrong number of poditions in booklet imposition
- acrobat layers support
Montax imposer allows you to impose pdf very quickly by various ways. In addition to the standard N-UP imposition, in which are page imposed to sheet in the order they are in the source pdf, allows many other variations. Impositon may be designed for printing one publication on digital devices. If we impose the publication A5 on the sheet of A3, we would after printing and cutting on A5 by manually rearranged so correctly followed behind. Montax imposer, however, allows imposition "Cut & Stack", when, after cutting final sheet to A5, just individual blocks stacks on himself and pages will be already sorted. If you print numbered tickets, this is a useful function, rearrange a few thousand tickets is not too nice work.
Another type is the page imposition "Booklet". In this imposition are side by side on a sheet last and first page, on the back of the sheet the second and the second-last page, etc. The resulting sheets are in the middle folded and stapled. This type of imposition is used for magazines, newspapers, books, etc. Montax imposer allows many variations of this imposition, such as cross-fold, double cross-fold and however complex alternatives, including combinations thereof.
Montax imposer is very flexible, it can be used in different ways. It is possible to prepare fast repetitive imposition without the need for save as well the complex combination of different types of imposition. It is possible to work in a simplified automatic mode, where the maximum parameters is calculated automatically. If necessary, it is of course possible to manually adjust the parameters as needed. The parameters can be set through a series of palletes, in are which thematically grouped individual functions. Many palettes also has an advanced mode, where you can also set other parameters not fully normal.
If some functions are not needed, after closing their pallete is program control simpler. At the same time we have the assurance that the closed palette does not affect the behavior of the program, because the function palettes are deactivated when it is closed.
Main features of pdf imposition software Montax imposer:
- impose pdf documents to the sheets and output again exports to pdf
- displays live layout preview
- quick selection of a number of prepared imposition
- contains templates of many typical impositions
- allows creation of custom imposition to save their own templates
- allows save mposition for future use or editing
- may be used for prepress, offset and copyshop. The output of Montax imposer is a pdf for any digital printer, imagesetter or CTP
- contains options for pages repeating, for example to copy one card for the entire sheet by pressing a single button
- enables you to resize pages for imposition
- the pages for imposition can be in different pdf, Montax load multiple pdf at once and combine them together
- contains 3 basic types of imposition: Standard, Cut & Stack and Booklet
- these impositions can be used in countless variations, of course as the division into groups, so that imposition can be used on any type of binding (perfect binding, sewing binding, saddle stitching, etc.)
- allows the correction of the paper thickness when moves the inner pages together
- allows the combination of several types of impositions, such as cover and inside the magazine at different imposition
- contains module for checking the correctness imposition including a warning on the use of non-standard procedures
- allows you to automatically calculate the size of the resulting sheet or count number of pages to fit to the specified sheet
- allows you to work in different units (mm, cm, point, inch); in all fields for entering values, you can use mathematical expressions (+, -, *, /), including all supported units to be automatically converted to the default units
- contains options for adding a number of different marks on the sheet - crop marks, registration marks and sheets description, and also color names, folding marks, etc.